środa, 10 kwietnia 2013

Classic little bear pattern

 Hello! Today I'd like to share the pattern I was working on  last days. This time it's not a doll, but a cute, quick to make teddy bear. I hope you'd like him :)

Spring 2019 edit:
You can use any yarn and hook you like. I used Elian Klasik yarn (I think it was sport weight) and a 2 mm hook and the bear turned out around 16cm tall. 

 


HEAD:
1. mr, 5 (5)
2. *inc* (10)
3. *sc, inc* (15)
4. *2 sc, inc* (20)
5. *3 sc, inc* (25)
6. *4 sc, inc* (30)
7. - 12. sc around (30)
13. *4 sc, dec* (25)
14. *3 sc, dec* (20)
15. *2 sc, dec* (15)
16. *sc, dec* (10)
fasten off. Do not close the bottom of the head.
EARS:
1. ch 2, turn
2. 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook
3. ch 1, turn. inc, 3 sc, inc
4. ch 1, turn. 2 inc, 3 sc, 2 inc. fasten off.
Sew ears to the head.

ARMS:
1. mr, 5 (5)
2. *inc* (10)
3. sc around (10)
4. *sc, inc* (15)
5. - 6. sc around (15)
7. dec, 13 sc (14)
8. 5 sc, dec, 5 sc, dec (12)
9. - 12. sc around
13. dec, 10 sc (11)
14. 4 sc, dec, 4 sc, dec (10)
15. 3 sc, dec, 3 sc, dec (8)
16. dec around. end with sl st. 
fasten off.



BODY: (starting with legs)
1. mr, 5 (5)
2. *inc* (10)
3. *sc, inc* (15)
4. - 9. sc around (15)
end with sl st. fasten off. do not close!
Make second leg. Hold them together and join them with sl st. Now you'll be working on top of both legs.
1. - 6. sc around (30)
7. dec, 13 sc, dec, 13 sc (28)
8. sc around (28)
9. dec, 12 sc, dec, 12 sc (26)
10. sc around (26)
11. dec, 11 sc, dec, 11 sc (24)
12. sc around (24)
13. dec, 10 sc, dec, 10 sc (22)
14. dec, 9 sc, dec, 9 sc (20)
15. dec, 8 sc, dec, 8 sc (18)
16. dec, 7 sc, dec, 7 sc (16)
17. dec, 6 sc, dec, 6 sc (14)
end with sl st. fasten off. Do not close!


SCARF:
(with thinner yarn)1. ch 62, dc in 2nd ch from hook
2. 60 dc, ch 2, turn
3. 60 dc. End with sl st.

Sew parts together.

Ta-daa! You now have a nice, little teddy bear!

14 komentarzy:

  1. About how tall will this bear be when complete?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Can I please ask how to start this? The pattern for the head says 1.'mr, 5 (5)' then 2.*inc* (10)? Then 3.*sc, inc* (15) So I'm not sure what stitch to do for number 1 & 2 because I thought I would do 5 chains in number 1, but because number 2 says increase to make 10, I don't understand how to do that? Do I make an extra chain of 10 stitches? & what do I do with it, if so? I would have done 10 single crochet stitches, but you only said to do a single crochet starting in Round 3. So I have no idea what to do to start the head off? Would you mind explaining this to me? I am just a beginner at crochet, so I do not know much. Thankyou, in very much hope - I love your cute bear, I hope to make it to give to children overseas who don't have toys & would very much love them. :) O:) Hope you can help me, Aaralyn

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Hello! I hope you could understande me because except for your question, everything is written in a foreing language to me. You start the head by making a magic ring with 5 stitches in it. It will be a little "round". The second row you have to increase by making two stitches in each stitch, so you'll have ten stitches in second round. In the third, you make one stitch but in the next you make two in one stitch, then you'll have fifteen stitches. Hope it'll work for you. Good luck!

      Usuń
  3. Oh, I forgot to ask what ply the wool is & how much of it I need, & what size crochet hook to use, because I unfortunately don't know Polish, so don't know the Polish abbreviations. I hope you will help me - thank you very much, in hope.
    Aaralyn

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. The numbers in parathesis is the number of stitches you should have at the end of each row.
    mr=magic ring. Chain 5 sc in the magic ring. Pull tight to close the hole. Next row=increase 1 sc in each of the 5 sc in the previous row. You should have 10 stitches now. Next row= 1 sc, then 2 sc in the next stitch, 1sc, the 2 sc in the next stitch, so on... To make 15 stitches when that row is completed. Make sense?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. You have a mistake in the arm row 14 you cannot make 10 stitches from 11 stitches in previous row.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your pattern. I was looking for something easy and cute to make for hospital donations and your little bear is just perfect. ��

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Thank you for such a cute, free pattern. But unless I missed it, you don't say how tall the bear will be, what hook to use nor do you say how much yarn you need for one bear. This is so frustrating when a cute pattern is offered with minimal information. I am not a beginner either. I have been crocheting since I was 9 years old and that was a long, long time ago. Also someone mentioned an error on row 14 of the arm, but I don't see where that was confirmed. This bear is adorable and I wish the missing information was't missing. Aloha from Hawaii

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. I think it mentions you can use any hook and yarn you like :) In terms of how much you might need, since you're not a beginner you should be able to estimate how much you'll need :) G'day from Australia!

      Usuń
  8. I just made a long chain and folded it into quarters for the scarf. It worked fine so if you are having trouble try that

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Is the pattern in us terms? So I know if I need to convert to uk

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Hình mẫu bạn thiết kế khiến tôi rất thích thú, thật đáng yêu , mời bạn xem các thông tin cần thiết >> Bạn đang muốn Niềng răng ?

    OdpowiedzUsuń